It’s been quite a week!
Most downtown homes and businesses were spared any significant damage but we know that isn’t the case everywhere in our community! With that in mind, we’re sharing links to some resources to help homeowners, property owners, and business owners get back on track:
Business owners affected by the storm may also qualify for unemployment benefits. Workers or business owners meeting the following criteria may be eligible for benefits:
- Individuals who are unemployed due to the disaster, and do not qualify for regular unemployment insurance benefits.
- Self-employed individuals and small business owners who lost income due to the disaster.
- Individuals who were prevented from working due to an injury caused by the disaster. • Individuals who have become the major supplier of household income due to the disaster-related death of the previous major supplier of household income.
- Individuals who are unable to reach their jobs or self-employment locations, because they must travel through the affected area and are prevented from doing so by the disaster.
- Individuals who were to commence employment or self-employment, but were prevented from doing so by the disaster.
Link to Division of Employment Security: