Current & Past Projects
We have so many things to be proud of downtown and have made such strides, here are a few:
- Streetscape treatments – Our beautiful brick-lined sidewalks, underground power, overhead lamp lighting, tree canopies and Hurley pots are by no accident. Hay, Person, East Russell, Green, Gillespie, Old and a couple of other streets have received attractive face-lifts as will a few others in the coming years.
- Festival Park – Home of our award-winning Dogwood Festival and International Folk Festival as well as Fayetteville after Five, outdoor movies and concerts and more.
- NC Veterans Park – This is the first state park dedicated to military veterans from all branches of the Armed Services: Army, Navy Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard and downtown was chosen as the grounds for this all-important, world class park.
- Airborne and Special Operations Museum – ASOM, as it is affectionately known, attracts thousands of people every year from all over the world to look at impressive displays of military history.
- Franklin Street Parking Deck – We are lucky to have our International award-winning Franklin Street Parking Deck with 200 spaces for your convenience and three electric car charging stations.
- Festival Park Plaza – This addition downtown serves as a centrally-located office and retail space next to Festival Park.
- Freedom Memorial Park – Sitting across from ASOM at the corner of Hay Street and Bragg Blvd., Freedom Memorial Park serves as a reminder that freedom is not free with a glorious tribute to America’s heroes.
- Hope VI Revitalization – This project overhauled antiquated low-to-moderate housing and replaced with attractive apartment complexes in neighborhood settings. This project will also include a Business Park.
- 300 Hay Development – Most do not realize that downtown there are apartments and condos above almost every shop and restaurant and with the 300 Block. We truly have luxury urban living with a new mix of townhouses and condos.
- Fayetteville Area Transportation and Local History Museum – A wonderful restoration of the 1890 Cape Fear and Yadkin Valley Rail Road depot downtown turned into a two story exhibit of transportation and local history as well as a starting point for local history tours. In June of last year, we also saw the opening of an annex to the museum.
- Our Downtown Parks – Linear Park and Cross Creek Park are landscaped beauties with water features and lush scenery perfect for an afternoon picnic or evening stroll, especially on the Linear Trail.
- Downtown Fayetteville Farmer’s Market – Now located at the Fayetteville Area Transportation and Local History Museum, our Farmer’s Market features a variety of vendors twice a week (Wed. 3-7 and Sat. 9-1).
- Fabulous shops, restaurants and entertainment – If you cannot find something you like downtown, you are not looking hard enough! From delicious patio restaurants to interactive museums, painting pottery, fencing, yoga, rock climbing to fashionable clothing shops and fabulous furniture and gift shops, downtown has something for everyone in your circle of friends.
- Even more events every year – There is something every week going on downtown for every walk of life!